The Holy Trinity Parish is mentioned in the list of parishes of the Zagreb Diocese from 1334, while the church itself was first mentioned in 1346, on the occasion of the division of the grounds, in a document with which Nikola Toth Susedgradski received Stubica and Slani Potok.
The architecture of the church has Gothic characteristics of the 15th century – a polygonal shrine with radial vaults and a cross-ribbed vault above the two bays in front of the apse. A wall painting from the 15th century has been preserved, showing St. John the Evangelist and the Imago pietatis in the area of the nave. A stone sedilia was also preserved, adorned with late Gothic motives from the late 15th and early 16th century. During works carried out in the 16th century, Renaissance characteristics were introduced, visible on the onetime stone portal of the church with a semicircular arch and complex profiling. The northern nave was added in the 16th century, and with the Baroquization introduced in the 18th century, the church received its third nave. In the 18th century, a new sacristy was built, entryways to the side naves were created and the chancel was raised, which, with its arcades, contributes to the integrity of the entry part of the church. In the medallions on the chancel, figures of saints were painted at the end of the 18th century. The church was damaged in a fire in 1834 and it was changed when it was rebuilt. Due to a catastrophic earthquake in 1880 the church was again rebuilt at the end of the 19th century, when certain baroque elements were removed and the Gothic and Renaissance forms were again emphasized. The bell tower was repaired and received a neo-Renaissance cap, the walled-in Gothic distyles were opened, arched window openings were created instead of the square ones, and the interior received distinct neo-style properties.
In the church, there was a tomb of the owners of a Susedgrad-Stubica estate, and although he was Protestant, Franjo Tahy was buried in the church as well. Due to this, it was stated in 1622, in the first preserved canonical visitation that mentions the Donja Stubica church, that the church had been desecrated because a heretic was buried in it and because Lutherans preached in it. The parish has preserved valuable samples of liturgical tableware, of which a chalice from the 16th century, a thurible, and a monstrance from the 19th century particularly stand out. Vestments from between the early 18th and the 20th century have also been preserved.