The chapel was mentioned in 1669 as a brick construction (prior to that it was constructed in wood). The statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary, according to the expert opinion of Anđela Horvat, PhD, originates from the 15th century. In 1880, the chapel was damaged in an earthquake and was restored during Pastor Mirko Ožegović. It was made of stone and brick; it is 13.5 m long and 6 m wide, with a 22-meter high tower standing at its front side. In 1984 began the total renovation of the chapel, inside and outside, and a larger sacristy was added to it. A new parochial house was built next to the old wooden chapel house, primarily thanks to Reverand Franjo Pranjić, who has been providing pastoral services in this chapel for around thirty years.
Text and pictures taken from www.zupa-svetogjurja.hr