The Chapel of the Holy Cross in Hižakovec

In remembrance of the former chapel mentioned in Hižakovec as early as 1684, which was demolished after 1808, and in gratitude for all the priests and religious brothers coming from the parish of Gornja Stubica, the pastor and the parishioners decided to restore history and build a new chapel of the Holy Cross. The plans were drawn by architect Tomislav Premerl, and it was built by engineer Vladimir Breber from Donja Stubica. The chapel’s dimensions are 10 x 10 m, with a lean tower housing three bells, while its layout follows the form of the Early Croatian sacral constructions with three conches.

Text and pictures taken from