The construction of the chapel started in 1943 thanks to donations of worshipers from the entire parish. The tower and the chapel were not finished until 1962, and in 1987 the exterior walls of the chapel were plastered and the tower was covered with copper. It is 14 m long and 8 m wide. Its height is 8 m, and with the roof it reaches 13 m, while the tower itself is 20 m heigh. The tower is placed by the side wall to the right of the chapel’s entrance. Its dedication to the Queen of Peace is logical given the time of its construction – during the Second World War. The chapel has recently been entirely renovated and decorated, and the works were completed in 2012.
Text and pictures taken from www.zupa-svetogjurja.hr